Friday, March 12, 2010

Donna Marie Bentley RIP 3 March 2010

My beautiful friend Donna passed away, peacefully in her sleep, on 3 March 2010.

She was cremated and her ashes scattered on the water outside her home; the same waters she used to love watching pass her window.

Donna told me once, when she was still able to talk, about an extraordinary experience she had had when she was meditating. She said at one moment she truly was empty of all thoughts and somehow she was filled with a whiteness that was so "beautiful, but beautiful is too small a word". Donna said she thought that it was her Dad, coming to show her what death was like, to not be afraid, to know that it truly was sublimely beautiful. After that experience Donna said she wanted to die, not because she didn't want to live but because she wanted to go there again, to experience that fantastic, beautiful place again.

I know you're there darling girl. And somehow, you're here too.

I love you

Deanne

1 comment:

  1. Hi David

    We lost Donna nearly 2 years ago. I don't often come to the blogspot I used to write up for her - since the delay in getting back to you. If I can help please email me at dtindale@dreamvast.com

    Cheers
    Deanne

    ReplyDelete